On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Marius Mauch wrote:

> On 07/13/03  Jorge Almeida wrote:
>
> > The relevant (I think) data:
> >
> > hda: HD
> > hdb: DVDROM
> > hdc:HD
> > hdd: -
> > hde:CDRW (LG ATAPI)
> > hdf: -
> > hdg: 250 Iomega zip
> > hdg: -
>
> Check if the host controller for hde-hdh is detected or try to move the
> cdrw to hdd.

If I understand correctly, the controller is detected. Moving to hdd is
something I would like to avoid, since the tower has the worst design you
can imagine, which together with the short length of the cables makes
such changes non-trivial. Besides, wouldn't that decrease performance?

>From "more /proc/pci":
 Bus  2, device  13, function  0:
    Unknown mass storage controller: Promise Technology, Inc. 20262 (rev
1).
      IRQ 4.
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.
      I/O at 0xb000 [0xb007].
      I/O at 0xa800 [0xa803].
      I/O at 0xa400 [0xa407].
      I/O at 0xa000 [0xa003].
      I/O at 0x9800 [0x983f].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xee000000 [0xee01ffff].

>From KDE info center:
02:0d.0 Unknown mass ...
  (...)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ4

However:
root $ dmesg|grep 02:0d.0
root $

--