Hello All,=20

This is the first time I have installed Gentoo so I am not that sure =
about how thisngs work with it. All in all the install was a success =
from a Stage 1 tarball. The only problem I have encountered is eth0 is =
not recognized.=20

I have a 3c59x builtin to the mobo. I compiled the kernel with that =
specific driver built into it, and now it seems to not want to recognize =
it.  So now I am rebuilding the kernel with all 3Com drivers built in, =
just in case I am wrong about the type of NIC.=20

Could there be some other problem that would cause the driver to fail =
that I am overlooking?

I want to give it a static IP but if I have to I'll go DHCP untill I can =
get it working properly.

ThaX,

Norm
Easton, Maryland, USA

"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work"