Check /etc/devfsd.conf and man devfsd.

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:40:33 -0700
 "Mark Knecht" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am just scp'ing a new system from the chroot on another that I built
> it on. How do I go about creating the /dev directory?
>
> The old MAKEDEV script, emerge baselayout, rebootstrap?

Mount devfs on /dev and it should be done and a-ok

Spider,
Is there maybe a config file kept somewhere in /etc (or elsewhere) that
tells the booting system what /dev/* devices to put in the devfs mount? I
was starting to look for this a few weeks ago as I'm doing some 1394 drive
work, but got side tracked and never figured out how this gets built.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers,
Mark