On Thursday 17 July 2003 08:40, Robin H.Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:34:39PM +0200, Jens Hoffrichter wrote:
> > Can anybody tell me the reason for this? Is this a bug or are some
> > packages missing (and even then this is a bug, because then the
> > dependencies are not right ;) )
>
> You have made an error in your CXXFLAGS.
>
> Write a tiny test program:
> int main(int argc,char** argv) { return 0; }
>
> and try:
> ( source /etc/make.globals ; source /etc/make.conf ; \
> g++ $CXXFLAGS test.o -o test )
>
> And it will tell you what is wrong.

I agree that it is a problem with the CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS, but I think the
above might not show up the problem. Some ebuilds filter out -mfpmath=sse and
if you have -mfpmath=sse,387 in CFLAGS it leaves ,387 by itself causing the
above error.

I just checked the ebuild and found that it actually unsets CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS,
LDFLAGS, CC and CXX. I'm emerging it now to find out what's going on.

Jason