it appears that its trying to load mod_php 3 times for some reason.

[warn] module php4_module is already loaded, skipping x3
[warn] module mod_php4.c is already added, skipping x3

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 11:55 PM
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PHP problems

Matt Broughton wrote:
ok heres what happens...

I uncomment the APACHE_OPTS="-D SSL -D PHP4" line and /etc/init.d/apache restart

this pops up:

[warn] module php4_module is already loaded, skipping.
[warn] module ssl_module is already loaded, skipping.
[warn] module php4_module is already loaded skipping.
[warn] module mod_php4.c is already added, skpping
[warn] mod_ssl.c is already added, skipping
[warn] mod_php4.c is already added, skipping
[warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 443, the first has precedence

and the server evidently doesnt start correctly (nothing will display)

if i comment that line back the server starts fine but the php document displays the php code unparsed (of course)

I cant figure out why when i uncomment that line its throwing all those warnings and refusing to start.

Have you tried just enabling one or the other, to narrow down which configuration section (the SSL or PHP) causes the bad start-up?

Steve Ringwald