revdep-rebuild sucks at determining the build order.  Its failed on the
two systems (different errors) I have used it on so far.

The fix was to run it, control-c when it generates a list of what needs
rebuilding, and then emerge them one by one with the one(s) that
generated errors last.  Then "rm /root/.revdep*", rerun revdep-rebuild
to make sure you got them all.

BillK