Thomas Schweikle wrote:
Hi!

I've tried to "emerge -up --deep world"
yew root # emerge -up --deep world

Calculating world dependencies ...done!
[blocks B ] media-libs/quicktime4linux (from pkg media-libs/libquicktime-0.9.2_pre1)
[blocks B ] media-libs/libquicktime (from pkg media-libs/quicktime4linux-1.5.5-r1)

I've unmerged both: libquicktime and quicktime4linux. Now:
yew root # emerge -up --deep world

Calculating world dependencies ...done!
[ebuild  N   ] media-libs/libquicktime-0.9.2_pre1
[ebuild  N   ] media-libs/quicktime4linux-1.5.5-r1

emerge want's to install both of them! I've looked into "world", but I couldn't find them there. Now: how to get out of this circle? Whatever I install. One blocks the other and some programms seem to want libquicktime others quicktime4linux.

Find out what depends on each package.

emerge gentoolkit
etcat -d libquicktime
etcat -d quicktime4linux

Then decide what you want to do with packages in the output. Also run regenworld to update world file.