Robert Storey wrote:
Dear All,

I'm new to Gentoo - so new that I haven't installed it yet. My big
hangup is that I don't have broadband, and there is no hope of getting
it where I live. One friend of mine (who does have broadband) has
offered to download the whole lot of Gentoo emerge files and burn these
onto CD.

So my question: Is this a feasible approach? Both my friend and I are
not familiar with Gentoo, we don't know if putting the emerge files onto
CD solves the problem. We both think it will work, but if anybody thinks
this approach is boneheaded, I'd like to hear from you. I'd love to hear
any suggestions on putting Gentoo onto CD in such a way that it can be
installed without any need to go online, as most other Linux distros are
installed this way.

best regards,
Robert