On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:12:35 -0700 (PDT), Gëzim" Hoxha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I merged apache2 and it works fine,

Me too.

but the is that
I'm very non-familiar with apache so when I go to
apache.org to learn something from the docs, the stuff
is completely differenct (e.g. to start apache I'm
supposed to run /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl but
in gentoo that file doesn't even exist (and the whole
apache2 dir.).

apachectl is in your path (/usr/sbin). Configuration files are in /etc/apache2.

To start Apache you can use the init.d script:
/etc/init.d/apache2 start

To make it start at boot run: rc-update add apache default