Hello,

After a recent "emerge sync" portage reports the following, when trying to
upgrade the system:
$ emerge -up system

Calculating system dependencies ...done!
[blocks B    ] <dev-perl/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.05-r6 (from pkg
dev-lang/perl-5.8.0-r12)
[blocks B    ] <dev-perl/Test-Simple-0.47-r1 (from pkg
dev-lang/perl-5.8.0-r12)
[blocks B    ] <dev-perl/File-Spec-0.84-r1 (from pkg
dev-lang/perl-5.8.0-r12)
[ebuild    U ] dev-lang/perl-5.8.0-r12 [5.8.0-r10]

So there seems to be blocking packages when going from perl v5.8.0-r10 to
5.8.0-r12. How should I solve this the right way ? Just ignore the blocking
packages, or unmerge them first, before upgrading perl ?

>From the output, I would assume that the blocking packages have recently
become a part of the main perl package, so it would be safe to unmerge them
if I upgraded perl at the same time. Is this correct ?

Any help/hints appreciated.

Regards,
Øyvind Stegard