Hello,

When I try to encode a WAV file in order to obtein a MP2 file, the
result is incorrect. I use two tools in order to perform the operation:
toolame and mp2enc, using the command lines:

toolame -b 224 file.wav
mp2enc -V -o file.mp2 < file.wav

In both situations, the MP2 file is generated, but the sound is very
poor. It likes "metallic sound". If the same file I try to encode in the
same computer, with the same tool, but with another distribution, the
file is generated right. Therefore, the computer is not the problem. If
the same file I try to encode in other computer, with the same tool and
the same distribution (Gentoo), the file is generated right, too.
Therefore, the distribution is not the problem. Any ideas? Is it posible
that the tools 'toolame' or 'mp2enc' had been compiled with some
parameter defined in /etc/make* and that parameter affects negatively?

Best regards, -- Miguel Blázquez.