begin  quote
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:53:58 -0600
collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've never encountered this, but this situation comes up all the time.

sanbox+coreutils or sanbox breakage?  Two different things.

> What is the real problem, and why can't it be fixed permanently?

Had you checked bug 21766 as mentioned earlier in the thread, You'd have
seen this:

<quote>
To fix, I added the posix implementation of getcwd() (from glibc cvs)
that do not need the system call.  We use the default getcwd() function
via a wrapper (egetcwd), and then lstat the returned path.  </quote>

The bug is in sandbox in combination to glibc' implementation of getcwd.

//Spider
--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!