On Saturday 02 August 2003 04:07, Peter Ruskin wrote:
> On Saturday 02 Aug 2003 00:30, Bud Roth wrote:
> > I've tried "depmod -a".  I don't have multiple kernels on the box, so
> > I don't see how there could be a conflict with the kernel and modules
> > version.  I did "make distclean".  Then I moved a .config back into
> > the /usr/src/linux-* and typed "make dep bzImage modules".  depmod -a
> > produced perplexing output.  Most modules are broken:
>
> make dep bzImage modules modules_install

Lately I've noticed that building modules doesn't complete successfully when
using make as above (the modules_install phase would fail) --- except I do
'dep' on its own.  I can't remember the exact details, but to get the
modules to buld and install I had to do the following:

make dep
make bzImage modules
make modules_install