Hi

As an open minded KDE user, I take a look at gnome from time to time. But now
I'm running out of disk space, so I decided to remove gnome. After trying
"emerge -C gnome" and seeing still a lot of gnome-base packages installed I
unmerged these by hand by "emerge -C <packagename>".

But now a "emerge -Dup world" wants to bring all of them back. So I guess
there are one or two packages that needs some of the gnome-base packages,
causing emerge to try to install the whole desktop environment again.

How do I find out which packages these are: Is there a possibilty to search
for search for unfullfilled dependencies in emerge? I've looked at the
documentation at gentoo.org and the man pages but found nothing.

Any help?

Frank