On Thursday 07 August 2003 01:41 pm, Anthony Floyd wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:32:08 -0400
>
> daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On August 7, 2003 01:05 pm, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >   I just messed up! I blew away my .bashrc. It seems that it might
> > > be recoverable because my aliases are still working. Any ideas?
> >
> > i've done this before too.  the way i recovered was (a) copy the
> > one in /etc/skel/.bashrc to ~.  if you don't have one (you should)
> > copy one from one of the other users.  if your bashrc is custom
> > though, i think you're sol.
>
> Hi Ernie,
>
> You can recover your aliases like so: alias > aliases.txt.
>
> But other customizations ... sorry, no help here.

Bless you Anthony. My aliases thank you. This is why I love Gentoo.
There are actually people on the list who know Linux. With Windows, a
bone headed stunt like that probably would have meant a reinstall.
        At least I knew enough not to reboot w/o a working bashrc. Thanks to
you too Daniel. I knew that there had to be a bashrc somewhere but
hadn't found it yet.
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free