Am Dienstag, 5. August 2003 04:25 schrieb ext wes chow:
> Which package has the mkinitrd program?  I can't seem to find it...
Short answer: None.

Longer answer: mkinitrd usually is a shell script specific to a particular
distribution. In Gentoo, creating an initrd is part of the genkernel
ebuild, which provieds a script (genkernel) to build your kernel together
with a matching initrd with one command. OTOH, since I use EVMS2, I've just
taken the example mkinitrd script that comes with EVMS and modified it for
my needs.

In most cases, you don't even need an initrd.

HTH...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)151 1513 6954
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111