On Aug 06, 2003 [02:52] +0200, Meka[ni] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:34:49 -0600
> Andrusky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I used to be able to contol the sound volume using PCM, but it no longer
> > works. I'm using the emu10k1 drivers for a soundblaster live value.
> > /dev/sound/* is owned by root:audio and I am in the audio group. VOL
> > works, but most programs like to use PCM. Any susgestions?
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,
> >
> > John-Paul Andrusky
> >  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >

>       Put 666 as a permision for /dev/sound/.* in /etc/devsd.conf
>
> ______
> Meka[ni]

Not the problem. I can write and read from the device no prob. I used to be able
to control both front and rear speakers using either the Master 'VOL' control or
'PCM' control. Now I can't. It seems the VOL will control just the front, OGAIN
controls the rear and PCM doesn't do anything. I haven't changed any of the
setting, it just all of a sudden stopped working.

--
Cheers,

John-Paul Andrusky
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>