Have you mounted / copied the contents of /packages/All to
/usr/portage/packages/All ??

-----Original Message-----
From: D.J. Bolderman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 6:05 PM
To: gentoo-user
Subject: [gentoo-user] 1.4 grp, emerge problems

I've just downloaded the first 1.4 live-cd to install on my laptop. I
don't have an internet connection on this computer yet, so I have
unpacked the portage snapshot which was on the cdrom. I followed the
install guide, and now I'm at the point to install the kernel.

When I enter emerge -k sys-kernel/gentoo-sources, it wants to grab
linux-2.4.20.tar.bz2 off the net. This also happens with genkernel
package. The ebuild is in my portage dir, but still gentoo wants to
download it.

Did I miss something ?

Thanks,
Dick