Hi Ronald!

  Good! So if you haven't added userprv the ccache files are in root's
home directory in .ccache. If you have userprv and everything is being
built as portage user? The home directory of portage user seems to be
/var/tmp/portage but there is no .ccache in there but the
/var/tmp/ccache dir has a similar structure and most of all is near to
the size I configure it to be in make.conf :-)