[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>Despite my previous post I have decided to take a look at learning a
>little of
>ncurses.  My only concern with jumping in a creating a version of the
>script
>is that we will end up duplicating work.  What we could do with is a C
>library of functions for doing the 'bits' of the install.  Then
>interfaces in
>various languages could be written to utilise the library.

My thought is to have glisrc (the backend) be written in shell script.  It
is designed to run non-interactively, and you log its output and do
frontend over it.   The advantage to bash script is portability (any arch
can use it), language neutrality (any language can call it), and it is
just most simply written  in bash.  To do it in another language will
require a lot more work.  What are your thoughts?

Nathaniel