Hello everyone;

        I'm trying to install alsa on my desktop and I am running into a
problem. Following the document @
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml

I got some new hard drives and decided that I was just going to
reinstall my whole system. I have had alsa installed and working on this
system before with the same sound card. I have installed the alsa-driver
& alsa-lib packages, went to edit the config file in /etc/modules.d/alsa
and it's not there!?!? So I unemerged them and re-emerged them and still
no config files.

I have used alsa for awhile now and on a few other pc's and have never
seen this. I am at a loss as to why. I have alsa in my USE settings and
got no errors during the compile of the alsa stuff. If anybody konws why
or if the config file locations have changed please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help

Jayson Garrell