Chris I wrote:

On 2003.08.09 09:47, Peter Eis wrote:

Chris I wrote:

My usb mouse does this when I plug it in. No idea why yet, but I dont see how your solution would have any effect.

Check for the correct mouse protocoll. Try IMPS/2 if it's a wheel mouse or just PS/2 if it's still not working.
Did you create a 2nd entry for the external mouse?

I've tried Explorerps/2, imps/2, but I have not tried regular ps/2 (i'd rather shoot myself in the foot than live without a scroll wheel :)

If the protocol was wrong it wouldnt work at all, but it seems to work after I click each button (including both ways on the scroll wheel). The symptoms are the same for both explorerps/2 and imps/2.

Thats weired ;-)
I had the same sproblem on my old notebook but there the problem continued until I added a 2nd core pointer in the XF86config file (one for the touchpad which had no scoll wheel and one for the mouse). So you could try this as well.

Peter