Hi Matthias,

you can use formail and maildrop for this.
add this
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop
to your main.cf

and then create a $HOME/.mailfilter file:

SHELL=/bin/bash
if ( !/^From: MAILER-DAEMON/ )
{
if ( !/^X-Loop/ )
{
exception {
cc "| (/usr/bin/formail -I\"Return-Path\" -r -A\"X-Loop: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" -I\"From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" ; cat /home/user/vacation.txt) | /usr/sbin/sendmail -ti"
}
}
}

This works for me.

Greetings,
Florian

Matthias F. Brandstetter wrote:
Hi all,

I have set up and running Postfix (w/ virtual domains, MySQL auth., etc. like in virtual mail system guide from Gentoo.org docs).

Now I want to add a vacation autoresponder to this system (maybe with the programm "vacation", but this is not a must). I only found answers on google for non-virtual domains and/or with procmail, but I want to use Postfix's local delivery agent.

Has anybody an idea, how I could set this up?
Greetings and TIA, Matthias