It is rumored that on Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:29:55 -0500
"Jeffrey Smelser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All,
>
> I don't really antivirus my linux box since I don't have a mail server on it..
> But am starting to use it as a file server to some windblows computers so
> antivirus is becoming more critical.. And who knows, maybe linux may get hit
> some day too..
>
> Seriously though, I used Kasper for a long time, a long time ago. It was great
> since it had the daemon that ran all the time and it was very fast because of
> this.. I have not used it for awhile and now I can't find a free, or even a
> cheap version. Seems linux only has a Corp license now..
>
> Is there free/cheap version of Kasper for Home users? If not, what else has
> linux support.. A Daemon, I think, would be a great solution if one of the
> other vendors have that..
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Smelser

I use clamav.
http://clamav.elektrapro.com/
Not sure if it's exactly what your looking for, but it runs as a daemon (and an
update daemon as well), and you can scan
files/directories/attachments/compressed files etc. It's been catching viruses
sent to my email accounts for a while now.

--
Robert Kruus --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I can't remember my telephone number, but I know it was in the high numbers.