On Monday 11 August 2003 14:13, Craig Main wrote:
> Lo all,
>
> I am running out of diskspace on my laptop.
>
> How can I remove packaged that no longer are depended on? Or at least
> find out which packages are not needed by any other ones and are
> therefore safe to unmerge.

dep-clean will show what packages are not needed anymore. Also you can issue
"emerge depclean -p", but DO NOT forget the "-p" switch because
"emerge depclean" is buggy, or let's say not perfect. At least you'll have an
idea what you coude unmerge manually.

Also don't forget your /usr/portage/distfiles and portage logs. They consume a
lot of space too.

Cheers,
Renat