Make sure that you have the sound device (CD, etc.) actually connected
because that's what is used.  When I had problems gettting XMMS to give sound
(all other sound worked) it was because I had the CD, not the DVD connected
to the soundcard port.  I'd check it - I thought mine was until I actually
checked and then I realized I'd connected the othe drive!

--

Brett I. Holcomb
AKA Grunt <><