On 2003.08.15 18:11, "Ware, John" wrote:
Hi all,
        I am new to gentoo and made a blunder during the installation
of grub. I created grub.conf with "nano -w /boot/grub/grub.conf" as
directed in the x86-install page but I saved it with a typo. When I
boot I notice that the entries I made had an error. I use my trusty
recovery disk to boot to grub and now want to correct my errors in
grub.conf.
        The question is: using grub, how does one edit and save
grub.conf?   I can "cat (hd0,0)/boot/grub/grub.conf" to view my
blunder .

It depends on where the error is. Try booting off the grub.conf that is wrong pressing 'e' and editing it 'live'. You will be able to boot the system provided that your problem is in the area where you define systems to boot.

This will not save the file, but you can do that after you boot.

--

Chris I

Confession is good for the soul only in the sense that a tweed coat is
good for dandruff.
                -- Peter de Vries