Hello all,

I know this was covered previously, but a proper solution was not given. I've
done everything I can think of to unmask gcc331, but "emerge -uDp world"
still wants to downgrade it. Even "emerge -UDp world" wants to downgrade it!

I haven't bothered with packages.mask causing grepping it for gcc doesn't give
anything for the version I want to use. In the ebuild itself I find
"KEYWORDS='-*'" which I've changed to "KEYWORDS='~x86'" but it hasn't made a
difference. /usr/portage/metadata/cache/sys-devel/gcc-3.3.1 also contained
"-*" which I changed to "~x86" and it still makes no difference. I've even
tried PORTAGE_OVERLAY but no cigar.

I've checked all the dependencies and have all the required packages
installed; i.e. it's not a package further down the tree that's masked. I
honestly cannot see what I'm missing. The gcc33 forum says to unmask it in
packages.mask but it's not in there - at least not anymore. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Jason