On Monday 18 August 2003 18:06, Jason Stubbs carved in
granite:
> What do you mean exactly when you say that NT only came
> with FTP on the servers? You mean the command line ftp
> client? You mean an FTP server itself? Win2k/XP et al have
> iis (cut version on the workstations) but my understanding
> is that the file server would be on Gentoo and the Win box
> would just be accessing the files.

I mean that there was no way for a desktop at home running
WinNT 4.0 to perform an ftp file transfer.  It wasn't
available via the command line and the IE distributed with
NT4.0 would not perform it either.  SOL for FTP!  That is
what M$ told me and what all the documentation told me.  "Oh,
well, we expect you to be connected to an NT Server that will
provide that function for you." said the M$ help drone.

In Harmony's Way and In A Chord,

Tom  ;-})

Tom. Condon
Barbershop Bass Singer