begin  quote
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:53:20 +0300
Theofilos Intzoglou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi a_k_b!
>
>   Another app that seemed to eat all my available memory was xchat
> version 1.8.x that used gtk+1.2.x. After 2 or 3 hours of chatting in
> the gentoo channel resulted in the X using about 256MB RAM (all of it
> that is :-P) and 250MB swap making the system unstable and only
> usuable after I pushed the magic button of reset :-) I have no
> problems with the 2.x versions of xchat as it uses gtk2 and it seems
> that it works much better that 1.2.x. If you want to try another
> multiprotocol IM client have a look at ayttm(previously known as
> everybuddy).

Actually Xchat-2 still has what appears to be memoryleaks. it won't
harass the X system, but after a while online it will keep allocating
memory, and never lets it go, not even when closing all windows and
server connections.

This doesn't affect the X server in the same way though , so it might be
less of an issues, but still, another  example of sloppy coding :-/

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!