"Gwendolyn van der Linden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:21:41 +0200:

> What is the preferred way of getting the card to work?
> Kernel support?
> pcmcia-cs? Linux-wlan-ng? I'd appreciate if you could point me to a
> working howto somewhere or give me some assistance. Best regards,

I have a LinkSys WPC11 PCMCIA card up and running with kernel 2.4.21.
I have NO PCMCIA support in the kernel, and pcmcia-cs and
linux-wlan-ng installed.  IIRC I did add a service to my runlevel that
starts the cardmanager (pcmcia?).

Thanks Gwen. Do I have to remove all PCMCIA support from the kernel, or just PCMCIA network devices and their drivers? I recall that when I removed the PCMCIA options from kernel hotplug support as well, compilation of linux-wlan-ng failed because of no PCMCIA support in the kernel. ;-( Best regards,

- Christian

--

Christian Aust
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]