Hello,

If I write USE="kde" in /etc/make.conf it means that if I emerge a package
with KDE optional KDE support the support should be installed.
If I don't add kde to USE it means that I'm indifferent to kde so I don't
need the optional support. Correct?
But what does USE="-kde" means I found one sentence about it in the
documentation and I can't understand the difference between -kde and not
writing kde.

Similarly, If a package has `kde` in it, it has optional support and if
 it doesn't have `kde` in it, it is indifferent to KDE. But what does
`-kde` in a package means.

I use the term "kde in a package" to refer to the answer I get from
"emerge -pv <package>"

Thanks,
Yuval Scharf