> Tom Hosiawa wrote:
> > I've looked around for a solution but can't find much as to this
> > particular case. I can enable dma with the linux-2.4.20-gentoo-r6 kernel
> > but not with linux-2.4.21 (uses same config file), any ideas?
> >

> You should look previous subjets on the lists were DMA enabling is
> largely discussed.
> To be short : your problem is a kernel_config problem. You must enable
> DMA in your kernel, as well as the support of your IDE chipset.

I've read all those, it really shouldn't be a config problem though
since it works with gentoo-sources but not vanilla. I am doing make
oldconfig, so other than a few new options it should work but it
doesn't.

Could it be just that vanilla sources don't have some patch that gentoo
does, although the vanilla kernel is newer, so I'm not sure if that
would really make sense?

Tom