On Monday 25 August 2003 01:38, Collins Richey wrote:
> I also remove the
> contents of /usr/portage/distfiles/ from time to time.  Updates are
> infrequent to most packages, and I don't see the need to retain the
> packages on my system - that's what the portage mirrors are for!

It is better that you back up what you may need again in the future, just in
case. The portage mirrors are currently handing out terabytes each day so the
less each of us uses them the better. Of course, if you will never ever need
to reinstall your system or never ever need to install a new system then by
all means delete away!

Jason