Hi, I now have a new motherboard after my old one expired (taiwanese
capacitor problem -
http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/resource/feb03/ncap.html) and have
a couple of problems left with the conversion:

New is an MSI kt4 ultra

Same kernel config (apm) but wont power off now.  Can someone share
their apm settings for this MB, or apci if thats required?

It has a promise 20736 controller thats not supported from what I can
see.  I am not interested in the sata ports (yet!), but in the 3rd ide
port.  Has anyone using gentoo on this board been able to use it, in
particular a cdwriter?  Otherwise its an add-on card I guess.  There's a
part closed src driver, but I get symbol errors, and it seems to be sata
only.

BillK