Hi,
   I work with some friends using Windows based environments doing
music. We need to do studio to studio data file transfers. In a prior
life I had an IT guy that managed an off-site ftp server and he was nice
enough to give me a couple of accounts, but now I need to do this
myself, and the only machine I have to do it on is my main studio Gentoo
box.

   I am somewhat concerned about potential security issues using ftp,
but since everyone is on Windows I also don't want to require them to
use special tools just to be able to send me things. Are there any good
options other than ftp that will work with both Linux and Windows?

   I am also concerned that my home studio firewall cannot limit ftp
access by incoming IP, and will forward all ftp requests to this
machine, so I need a solution that is pretty bullet proof, but hopefully
is also easy enough for me to setup and run. (I be a IT guy not...)

   Can someone point me toward a few potential solutions that would be
secure and also easy for a beginner type to setup and maintain?

Thanks,
Mark