On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Alberto Bert wrote:

> I cannot understand such a strange behaviour, the only thing that I
> can say is that I have recently update gcc, glibc and other basic
> stuff, does matter?

I've noticed that strange problems tend to arise after upgrading
gcc/glibc.  I expect it's glibc itself to blame, breaking all those
dynamically linked apps.  This past time, my first indication of a problem
was when "play" (part of sox) kept looping sounds instead of just playing
them.  One 'emerge -e world' later, and it's back to normal and I haven't
had any other problems.  But who knows what other problems were lurking in
the wings.

--
Caution: Product will be hot after heating