On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 03:18, Spider wrote:

> Yes, -march=athlon-xp will enable SSE2 for instruction handling.. Not
> good in this case.
>
> you could however (try) and use -march=athlon

As I see it, the newer durons (morgan core) are indeed scaled down
athlon-xps, and will work with the athlon-xp set. Two machines of mine
are morgan durons, and have been installed with athlon-xp set as the
march.

The cat /proc/cpuinfo does give the same flags as my real athlon-xp
machine. Any way, I don't remember that my real xp had support for sse2,
just mmx2 and 3DNowEx (in addition to 3DNow, mmx and sse), and I don't
know if any amd-cpu has support for sse2.

--
Janne

"So act that your principle of action might safely be made a law for
the whole world." - Immanuel Kant