On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 03:21, Robert Young wrote:
> With this ruling will the American mirrors need to worry about any
legal
> action, or simply not carry any DeCSS code.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/26/technology/26CODE.html?ex=1062561600&en=591653f91e34300c&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

This seems to only apply to California. In addition, I'd expect it to go
to the U.S. Supreme Court on appeal considering it wasn't really a trade
secret at the time he published it, as the article suggests.

Quote:
But in limiting the power of free speech arguments, the California
Supreme Court also sent the case back to the lower court to review the
trade secrets aspects of the case. "Our decision today is quite
limited," the judges stated in their opinion. "We merely hold that the
preliminary injunction does not violate the free speech clauses of the
United States and California Constitutions, assuming the trial court
properly issued the injunction under California's trade secret law. On
remand, the Court of Appeal should determine the validity of this
assumption."