begin  quote
On 27 Aug 2003 11:37:19 +0100
Angel Gabriel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 11:03, Stroller wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 26 August 2003, at 13:32PM, Angel Gabriel wrote:
> >
> > > Each time I use fetchmail on this one system, mail never seems to
> > > be delivered locally. Even when I send mail from one user to the
> > > next it says mail sending, but nothing ever seems to arrive. I use
> > > postfix,(naturally), and I'm very confused, how would I go about
> > > debugging this
> >

> > What does it say when you run `fetchmail -v -v`..?
>
> ---- snip
> This is my fetchmailrc
>
> # Configuration created Tue Aug 19 09:09:30 2003 by fetchmailconf
> set postmaster "user"
> set bouncemail
> set no spambounce
> set properties ""
> set daemon 60
> poll pop3.lycos.co.uk with proto POP3
>        user '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' there with password 'mailpassword' is
> 'user' here
>
> ---- snip
>
> When i run this mail gets's fetched, but it dissappears, no longer on
> the pop server, just gone.

so it should be in your local mailspool. How do you normally check your
email? where do your cron messages get sent?  what happens if you do:

echo "Test now hangup" | sendmail  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

And did you make sure that such transport worked and was avaiable before
configuring fetchmail to work? (always test each application before
going to the next level. its not good to build systems like this without
testing)

Probably postfix delivers the email correctly, but you don't know how
you configured postfix, nor where your email is stored.  time to see how
to access it. :)

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!