Mark Knecht wrote:
I have the oddest clock skew issue. Whenever I set the time, within a
day, it jumps forward about 11 minutes, all at once as far as I can
tell. I don't have anything like ntpd running or anything else to set
the time. What's going on?

I don't know. I have Gentoo on 3 machines. One does this same sort of thing,
although I don't think it jumps, as much as just goes fast. I let it run for
about a month until it was eventually about a day ahead!

I set up ntpd yesterday and things are fine on that machine now. It was easy
to set up.

I'd much rather *fix* the problem than *hide* it.

--
Andrew Gaffney