On Wednesday 27 August 2003 01:13 pm, Pupeno wrote:
> Hello people... I posted about having freezes in my computer...
> I have an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe motherboard (nForce2 based) and an Asus
> Geforce FX 5200 Video card. What kernel do you recomend (you used
> with same or similar hardware) to get the best results ? vanilla ?
> ac- ?
> I'm currently using nvidia's drivers for the A7N8X-Deluxe and nforce
> drivers for audio and net (this is really really needed) as well as I
> patched my kernel for nVidia's AGP (the patch is distributed with the
> nforce driver, for agpgart, I think the patch is 2.4.20 only).
> Thank you.
> --
> Pupeno: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.kde.org
> ---
> Help the hungry children of Argentina,
> please go to (and make it your homepage):
> http://www.porloschicos.com/servlet/PorLosChicos?comando=donar

I have a similar setup. The nforce2 based board is a Leadtek but ob
sound and nic like yours. I'm also running an nvidia (gforce4 TI4200)
I'm still running gentoo sources 2.4.20r2 (I haven't seen the need to
update the kernel) I get no freezes as a rule though it did lock solid
a couple of weeks ago just before the vid card quit. (keep an eye on
the fan on the vid card)
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free