At 27 August, 2003 Nicholas Pappas wrote:
>       Hi all.
>
>       So... I *finally* get my first Gentoo build working, get XFree86
> installed (after 8+ hours of compiling) and *BAM* my laptop dies.  So
> now I get errors when I boot my computer.
>       Coming from the world of RedHat, where it handles these things and
>       lets you repair them during boot, I am not sure how to go about attempting
> to repair the damage (I hope).  I booted the CD and ran fsck, but it says I
> need to run --rebuild-tree.
>       How can I go about starting to repair this disk?  Is there a good
>       site someone can point me to that might help out too?

You're using reiserfs, right? It looks like you've severely screwed up
your file system (this shouldn't happen) and you'll have to run
reiserfsck with the --rebuild-tree option as described.

Whatever it is that caused your laptop to "die", try to avoid that in
the future, mmmkay? ;-)

--
Andrew Farmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]