On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Jason Martin wrote:

> Hello, I built a system with the intention of mirroring all of the drives.
> To that end I built on a md 0,1,2 device, but I defined it to have just
> one drive.  Now its time for me to add the mirror, but I can't figure out
> hot to add a disk w/o reinstalling. Can anyone give me some hints on it?

'raidhotadd' is the command you're looking for.  Then add the device to
/etc/raidtab.  Note that I only know this in theory, not practice, so back
up your data first.  It's very easy to destroy all your data with a little
mistake with raid.

If you don't have raidhotadd, you probably want to emerge raidtools.

--
Caution: Product will be hot after heating