On September 1, 2003 10:53 am, Adam Dunstan wrote:
> ive just emerged k3b and the setup program isn't detecting my burner, it
> says I should modprobe ide-scsi, witch I have and still no dice.
>
> is there any one who can help, I don't even know what info I should include
> with this email.

if this is the same problem i had, i'll bet you didn't include ide-scsi in
your kernel command line in grub:

  title=gentoo linux 1.4
  root (hd0,0)
  kernel (hd0,1)/boot/bzImage root=/dev/hde4 hda=ide-scsi hdb=ide-scsi

on my machine, my dvdrom and cdrw are on hda and hdb.

--
war does not determine who is right--only who is left.
        - bertrand russell