On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 04:50:55PM +0200, Patrick wrote:

> |    This has been an ongoing problem for me. Can anyone recommend a UPS for
> | Linux desktop type machine that can do an automated shutdown and runs in
> the
> | neighborhood of $100? I have no trouble with this in Windows, doing it
> with
> | $60 USB versions from APC, but I haven't found anything similar for Linux.
> |
> |    If you've solved this problem, please respond back with both the UPS
> | model number (if possible) and where to get the drivers.

I like the APC BK500JS.  It costs ~$135 (USD) and has a serial port
connection.  For drivers, just 'emerge apcupsd', which, IMO is a *much*
better package than apc's drivers.

Cheers,
Dennis
--
Dennis Soper                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Supervisor

     ****Please note that my email address has changed.****
     ****Update your address book to [EMAIL PROTECTED]