On Friday 05 September 2003 21:30, Richard Sivernell wrote:
>    Build of new kernel on PIII 500Mhz gentoo system, just add scsi support
> here for 3 new scsi controlers all are adaptec 2940 ultra wide to narrow.
>
> /tmp/ccGJhGOK.o(.text+0x1d0): In function `symtable_open':
> : undefined reference to `__db185_open'
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [aicasm] Error 1

I've only had an error like this once but it was not when compiling the kernel
- can't remember what it was. I found out that the problem was due to
binutils. The solution I found was to temporarily downgrade it to
2.14.90.0.4.1-r1. Don't know if it'll fix your problem, but it can't hurt to
try!

Jason