On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Condon Thomas A KPWA wrote:

> Stuck without access to my gentoo systems, I can't run "emerge -S scp" to
> find out which package would include scp file transfer (more secure than
> ftp).  I don't find anything on the web site that tells me how to search the
> online database of packages for this info.  Is it there and I missed it?  Or
> is it not there and is this worth considering as a future addition?  If it
> is there, can someone point me to it?

scp is part of ssh, as is sftp.

As far as searching the package database for files a la Debian's apt-file,
there is no way to do that.  With various USE flags, it's difficult to
know what files are and aren't in a package - it won't be the same on
everyone's machine.

--
Marshal Newrock, unemployed Linux user in Lansing, MI
Caution: Product will be hot after heating