hi mathieu,

>> First, backup the data on hda. Then, try a different IDE cable. If that
>> doesn't work, try putting a spare drive (if you have one) on that
>> particular cable in place of the screwy one. If it still acts up then
>> its the controller. If you plug the IDE cable directly into the
>> motherboard, your motherboard is dying.

> I got a disk in hdb, same cable, same controller. Can I conclude the cable and
> the controller are ok?
> And what does 2xbeep means in BIOS? I searched in the error codes but couldn't
> find it. (I've got an asus7v)

a little while ago I encountered similar problems on an asus board.
those were caused by faulty ram. in my case replacing the ram fixed
things. strangly enough that the error encountered on the harddrive..

gruss
/Christian                   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---

I propose that the following character sequence for joke markers:

:-)

                             19-Sep-82 11:44    Scott E  Fahlman