On Tuesday 09 September 2003 11:48, Mark Knecht wrote:
>    emerge --deep --update world gave me a new gcc version tonight. Just
> checking - how much do I need to rebuild since this happened? The kernel
> and pretty much everything except xfree-drm is 3.2.3, but drm is 3.3.1.
>
>    Is this anything I should be concerned about?

pre and post gcc33 binaries should be compatible. gcc33 brings in a lot of
improvements and bug-fixes to optimizations. "Insane" CFLAGS are a little
less dangerous. It also makes full use of mmx(2), sse(2) & 3dnow(2). If your
concerned with performance, rebuilding everything will get you an extra tiny
bit. Not recompiling wont hurt anything, though.

Jason